Japan's Mitsui Fudosan to partner PKT Logistics for Kulim logistics facility project
KUALA LUMPUR: Tokyo-based real estate group Mutsui Fudosan Co Ltd will be participating in the Kulim Logistics Hub logistics facility project in Kedah via a joint venture with PKT Logistics Group Sdn Bhd.
In a statement, Mitsui Fudosan said the JV between the two parties, called Kulim Logistics Hub Sdn Bhd, will promote the Tokyo group's first-ever logistics facility project in Malaysia.
"Malaysia has a highly promising market for Mitsui Fudosan’s logistics business given prospects of mounting demand for logistics facilities going forward, which is due to factors that include ongoing growth in the nation’s population and economy, as well as a high trade volume level comparable to that of Thailand," said the group in a statement.
It added that it aims to achieve further overseas business expansion by continuing to promote its logistics business in Malaysia going forward.
According to Mitsui Fudosan, the logistics facility project is located along the Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (BKE), which offers convenient access to Penang Port and Penang International Airport.
It is also situated in proximity to Kulim Hi-Tech Park (KHTP), which serves as a hub for electrical and electronic industry factories centered around semiconductors, as well as automotive-related factories.
Recent Press Release
- Higher education institutions should be open to suggestions from industry players in syllabus development, says logistics group chief8 January 2024
- Kolaborasi pemain industri, universiti mampu selesai masalah kebergantungan pekerja asing8 January 2024
- Beacon of Enlightenment in Sustainability4 January 2024
- PKT Logistics becomes first Malaysian company to join The Climate Pledge11 December 2023
- Logistics group CEO Tio awarded honorary doctorate by UMT1 November 2023
- Logistics group chief exec honoured27 October 2023
- Varsity and group team up to train career-ready graduates29 August 2023
- PKT Logistics secures logistics services partnership with Tesla Malaysia30 July 2023
- Paying It Forward27 June 2023
- UMT-PKT to train students in logistics18 June 2023