PKT Logistics becomes first Malaysian company to join The Climate Pledge
PETALING JAYA: PKT Logistics Group has become the first Malaysian signatory to The Climate Pledge, which was co-founded in 2019 by Amazon and Global Optimism.
The Climate Pledge is a commitment to reach net-zero carbon by 2040, 10 years ahead of the Paris Agreement.
Through the Pledge, more than 450 signatories across 57 industries and 38 countries work together on initiatives that accelerate decarbonisation.
“We are immensely grateful to be the very first company in our nation to be part of this global initiative that recognises and fosters a shared dedication to net zero across borders,” said Datuk Seri Dr Michael Tio, group chief executive and managing director of PKT Logistics Group.
“We are excited about the prospects this platform brings, the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded organisations globally, and the chance to exchange knowledge and best practices for a better world.”
Signatories to The Climate Pledge commit to measuring and reporting greenhouse gas emissions on a regular basis, as well as implementing decarbonisation strategies in line with the Paris Agreement.
They are expected to achieve net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040 through real business changes and innovations, as well as neutralising any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, real, permanent, and socially beneficial offsets.
Recent Press Release
- Higher education institutions should be open to suggestions from industry players in syllabus development, says logistics group chief8 January 2024
- Kolaborasi pemain industri, universiti mampu selesai masalah kebergantungan pekerja asing8 January 2024
- Beacon of Enlightenment in Sustainability4 January 2024
- Logistics group CEO Tio awarded honorary doctorate by UMT1 November 2023
- Logistics group chief exec honoured27 October 2023
- Varsity and group team up to train career-ready graduates29 August 2023
- Japan’s Mitsui Fudosan to partner PKT Logistics for Kulim logistics facility project24 August 2023
- PKT Logistics secures logistics services partnership with Tesla Malaysia30 July 2023
- Paying It Forward27 June 2023
- UMT-PKT to train students in logistics18 June 2023