Logistics group CEO Tio awarded honorary doctorate by UMT
TERENGGANU: PKT Logistics Group (PKT) chief executive officer and managing director Datuk Seri Dr Michael Tio was conferred an Honorary Doctorate in Management from Universiti Malaysia Terengganu during its 21st convocation ceremony on Oct 22.
This prestigious recognition highlights Tio's contributions to the field of logistics management and his dedication to excellence.
After receiving the doctorate from UT chancellor Sultanah Nur Zahirah, Tio said, "This honour will further enhance the already close academia-industry relationship between UMT and PKT. Together we will make logistics great in Malaysia".
Tio is also an Adjunct Professor at Universiti Utara Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Universiti Sains Malaysia and Universiti Malaysia Terengganu.
He is also a Collaborative Professor for Osaka University. In 2019, he was awarded the Best CEO from the Higher Education Department for his contributions to the CEO@Faculty Programme.
He received his first Honorary Doctorate in Logistics Management from UUM in 2018. Last year, he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Philosophy from University of Gloucestershire,UK and an Honorary Doctorate in Business from University of Plymouth, UK.
Currently, he is the Chairman of Industry Advisory Council chariman for Politeknik Seberang Perai, Industry Advisory Council member of Department of Polytechnic Education and Community Colleges, and Champion of the Logistics Productivity Nexus under Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC).
Recent Press Release
- Logistics group chief exec honoured27 October 2023
- Varsity and group team up to train career-ready graduates29 August 2023
- Japan’s Mitsui Fudosan to partner PKT Logistics for Kulim logistics facility project24 August 2023
- PKT Logistics secures logistics services partnership with Tesla Malaysia30 July 2023
- Paying It Forward27 June 2023
- UMT-PKT to train students in logistics18 June 2023
- BKH-ICD Showcases Upcoming Inland Port Plans1 June 2023
- PKT logistics travels new paths to inspire talents17 May 2023
- One Northern Hub Catalyses Bukit Kayu Hitam Border Trade30 July 2022
- Rebuilding Team Spirit After A Crisis16 July 2022