Logistics group chief exec honoured
UNIVERSITI Malaysia Terengganu’s (UMT) Faculty of Maritime Studies has awarded an honorary doctorate in management to PKT Logistics Group chief executive and managing director Datuk Seri Dr Michael Tio.
This recognition highlights Tio’s contributions in the field of logistics management and his dedication to excellence, especially in his capacity as a logistics professional who took over the family business when he returned from United Kingdom in 1996.
He led PKT to become a billion-ringgit company.
He received the doctorate from UMT chancellor Sultanah Nur Zahirah during the university’s 21st convocation in Kuala Terengganu.
Tio said, “This honour will further enhance the close academia-industry relationship between UMT and PKT.
“Together we will make logistics great in Malaysia.”
Last year, he was awarded an honorary doctorate in philosophy from University of Gloucestershire, UK, and an honorary doctorate in business from University of Plymouth, UK.
Currently, Tio is the Politeknik Seberang Perai Industry Advisory Council chairman, Department of Polytechnic Education and Community College Malaysia Industry Advisory Council member, and Logistics Productivity Nexus champion under Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC).
Recent Press Release
- Logistics group CEO Tio awarded honorary doctorate by UMT1 November 2023
- Varsity and group team up to train career-ready graduates29 August 2023
- Japan’s Mitsui Fudosan to partner PKT Logistics for Kulim logistics facility project24 August 2023
- PKT Logistics secures logistics services partnership with Tesla Malaysia30 July 2023
- Paying It Forward27 June 2023
- UMT-PKT to train students in logistics18 June 2023
- BKH-ICD Showcases Upcoming Inland Port Plans1 June 2023
- PKT logistics travels new paths to inspire talents17 May 2023
- One Northern Hub Catalyses Bukit Kayu Hitam Border Trade30 July 2022
- Rebuilding Team Spirit After A Crisis16 July 2022